Sunday 23 May 2010

More Updates, now with actual evidence I've been doing something

Okay, so in the final week now, so things need to speed up. The hot weather and ever increasing amount of bugs is not helping. First off, here's a couple more of the models I've done.


I've decided to do a lil self insert and cast myself as the HMV clerk. I took a quick webcam picture to use as a reference and used some of the official assets from the defunct contest brief for the badge. The only real thing I'm lacking is a reference for the HMV checkout itself, as google seems to be lacking (and if google's lacking, it probably means it won't be easy to take some pics meself.)

And then you have a generic boat, but the sail does animate.

As for what the Level 5 students have (or at least are supposed to be) doing, some dude named Keiran is working up some backgrounds. They just need a few tweakings colourwise but should be alright.




Another dude named Martin is making something supremely awesome if it turns out well. 3D Cyber Penguins, which should hopefully be turned into a massive army. Here's a mockup model he's made using parts from an Iron Man figure. I've reccomended the final one be more blue tinted to fit in with the winter battlefield.



I've also got some other dude working on the HMV dog, to compensate for my general suckiness at drawing animals. I'm just worried about whether I can get all this stuff in time to do something about it. Not to mention I still have to worry about soundtracks for both this and the monkey short which quite frankly I haven't given a rat's arse about once it was finished.


As for what I've been doing, I've finally started animating and have finished animating one scene, the encounter with the fire sumo. As the process goes, I used the models I created and animated them in flash using good ol' tweenage. (These could technically be tweened in After Effects, but I'm a lot more familiar with this method). Then I imported the animations in their SWF formats into After Effects. After looking up a couple of tutorials online, I made a nifty little fire using CC Particle Systems II and CC Vector Blur, which gives it an awesome 'this is seriously gonna melt stuff' look.

I've uploaded a look at the video here (though I'm not particularly convinced of its ability to show up properly): http://www.twitvid.com/7QVE6

Another animated bit I've got sorted are your classic map travelling intermissions. Since the animation for this was a lot simpler, I could just animate everything in flash and export it straight from there. The lil 2D icon was also drawn in Photoshop since I wanted to practice my Photoshop sketching.

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/s244201088_mapscenes.html (takes a short while to load)

Usually I have to worry about stuff like file size when it comes to sticking loads of graphics and stuff in flash, but since I'm compiling it elsewhere, I don't have to worry bout that.

No comments:

Post a Comment