Sunday 7 June 2009

Audiences and Communication

One of the modules we currently have to do at uni is Audiences and Communication. The main task for this is a group animation, advertising the animation side of the university, but pitching it in a style that would be appealing to 7 year olds.

We first thought of mind charts about what being 7 is about. It is clear from this that my memory sucks various spherical objects.










For the animation, we thought about doing something that involves a variety of different animation styles (eg. flash, stop motion, cgi, etc.) and tried to design a plot based around that theme.
Whilst I came up with ideas of a kid travelling through various worlds, or pushing a button that changed the style, those were shot down due to their complexity.















We eventually decided on a theme of wizards. The basic plot being that the wizard is attempting a magic trick with a hat (ala Presto), but it all goes horribly wrong, and he keeps getting zapped by the hat and transforming. I came up with a few designs of how one of the designs would look, taking into account successful wizards like Harry Potter and Magical Trevor. I eventually came up with a simple kid, whose clothes changed from casual hoodie and shorts, to a slightly oversized robe. I liked the idea of having a starry pattern on the kids shirt. I also thought of various objects that could fly around during the chaos.


















I have so far, animated my wizard segment, in which the wizard gets blasted by the hat and transformed into a kid, noticing the chaos around him, getting mad at the hat and then getting blasted by it again, going into the next animator's segment. It's a little tricky since I can't really tell what the start and end frames of the other segments are, but I like the animation.
I might animate some other elements to throw into the visuals. Bunnies riding rocket powered characters per instance?



ps. I hate this blogging format so much. D=

No comments:

Post a Comment